Hiring Child Care Staff
Working at Blessing House is a fulfilling, positive experience. We strive to create an atmosphere that is supportive and built on the talents of the individuals who help us in our mission. Our employees are dedicated to caring for our children and helping to support our families.
We are now taking applications for child care workers for 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. The shifts are 8 hour shifts with the times of each shift listed below. The positions are part time and will include 2-4 shifts (16 – 32 hours) per week.
Click here for a downloadable application. Print, complete and mail or drop off at: Blessing House, 5440 Grove Ave., Lorain, Ohio 44055
Knowledge: Minimum – High School Diploma (Must be at least 21 years old)
- Has had substantial involvement with children in personal, professional or volunteer capacity
- Must be able to read instructions and job related documents
- Must be able to write and document notes regarding shift activities
- Full personal support of the mission of Blessing House
- Loves caring for children
- Compassionate and willing to listen
- Willingness to care for children who may be non compliant
- Good organizational skills – can multi task, making decisions and managing several issues simultaneously
- Willingness to work with others as part of a team
- Must have ability to think and make decisions quickly, to anticipate needs
- Has a pleasant, outgoing disposition and the ability to relate to individuals from a variety of life experiences
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds safely.
- Must be able to safely negotiate steps while carrying infants/toddlers who are not mobile.
- Requires extended periods of standing and walking.
Areas of responsibility
1) Care of children (Duties vary on each shift)
- Preparing meals and snacks (Including serving and cleanup)
- Preparing for school/day (Dressing and personal hygiene)
- Planning and engaging in activities (Indoors and outdoors)
- Providing assistance with homework
- Monitoring behavior and providing safe environment
- Documenting children’s activities and behavior
- Communications with parents as directed by administrative staff
- House laundry (varies with each shift)
- General cleaning (varies with each shift)
- Meal preparation
- General repairs and maintenance as needed
- Keeping toys and facilities clean and sanitized
- Maintain facility in compliance with licensing regulations
3) Assist with donations received (Primarily 3rd shift)
- Sort donations received
First Shift : 7:00AM to 3:30 PM
Second Shift: 3:00PM to 11:15 PM
Third Shift: 11:00PM to 7:30 AM